Monday 10 September 2012

Le Mans

Well, it's happened, surprise! Cameron and Matthew decided they'd had enough of BOBs and ABCs (bloody old buildings and another bloody castle), threw out all my planning and decided to go to Le Mans, home of the Le Mans racing circuit and a museum all about the race. So we headed off to Le Mans, and found a lovely campsite to stay at for Saturday night. (It had our first decent internet since Paris, so I bought 5 hrs of internet).

Saturday night we planned our time in the Loire valley (or rather I reduced my list of chateaux down to 3 days instead of 5). Sunday, Cam and Matt decided they really didn't want to do anything, and because there was a 24 hour bike race on (they thought about tickets, but were too late), we'd just do nothing.

I couldn't win, so I just bought another 10 hours of internet, looked at my chateaux and played Words with Friends on Facebook. Matt had a swim in the afternoon, and then Cameron wandered off around the campsite, whilst Matt and I were glued to the computer. He met some British people just behind us, (John and Sam, and John's parents), so we all ended up out their vans with a few drinks, and yummy nibblies. We stayed there until 9.30pm, then it was showers and bed.

Monday, Cam finally got his Nuremburg ring taxi dates (Oct. 19, so have to  rearrange the holiday plan again), did the washing and visited the Le Mans racing museum. Interesting, and so many old cars to look at, dating from 1897 through to 2005. I lasted 2 hours of looking, and then snuck off for a coffee.




More food shopping, lunch and then an hour and a half drive down the motorway to the Loire Valley. Tomorrow morning my rushed trip of the chateaux begins. (We are down to going into 2 chateaux, the rest I can take photos from the outside). Roll on tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment